If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your Padi open water scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required. The course consist of a few knowledge reviews which is available in either electronic or book format. The course consist of 5 sections each with a few knowledge review questions at the end. a Final exam at the end will give you the confidence and know how to enter the water safely where you will learn all the fun skills associated with PADI open water scuba certification.
Complete the Padi open water scuba course online or go through the manual at home.
What you can expect
Once you have watched the Open water DVD and have completed all the knowledge reviews we will take a few moments and go through anything you do not understand or may have gotten incorrect. There is also an easy multiple choice exam to complete.
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank. The equipment you wear varies, depending upon whether you’re diving in tropical, temperate or cold water. You will gain experience on the equipment from your pool sessions. You will learn how to to kit up correctly, check and use your new equipment.
When you’re fitted with your scuba equipment you can begin your pool training. Your instructor will put into practice the techniques you learned in the academics program. Your training dives will be logged and approved by your instructor before you move on to open water. Pool training time depends on your availability and your comfort level.
Open Water Training
Get ready to experience everything you’ve learned with the freedom of open water. As soon as your open water training dives are approved by your instructor you will be a certified diver. PADI Open Water Diver certification is recognized worldwide so your diving experiences will be limitless. Open water dives can be completed in Durban, Aliwal, Sodwanna, Mozambique
Reasons to be to be excited……
- Our courses are taught in Ballito and we can go anywhere you like for openwater
- More in water time than any other dive school…who wants to sit in a classroom all day?
- No hidden extras!
- Our instructors are full time professionals with over 10 years experience.
Once you have completed the course with us you will be a PADI Open Water Diver with the skills and confidence to dive anywhere in the world (PADI is recognised around the globe) to 18 metres with a buddy!
The PADI Open Water scuba course consists of three main phases –
- Knowledge development to understand the basic principles of scuba diving.
- Confined water dives to learn basic scuba skills.
- Open Water dives to review your skills and explore the underwater world!
- And that’s it – you are a PADI Open Water Diver!
The PADI Open Water course is run over three to four days normally, 1-2 day pool sessions and 2 days for 4 open water dives.
Kids can take the full PADI Open Water Diver scuba certification course and upon completion will become Junior Open Water Divers with certain age limitations for scuba diving:
- Junior Open Water Divers ages 10-11 years old must dive with a PADI Professional or certified parent/guardian. Dives must not exceed 12 metres /40 feet.
- Junior Open Water Divers ages 12-14 years old must dive with a certified adult.
So what do you need to become a diver?
– Be over 10 years old
– Complete the knowledge reviews in the manual.
– Bring Your swimming trunks/swimming costume and a towel
– Thats it! We supply everything else!
– Bring plenty of positive energy.
When does the course run?
– The PADI Open Water course takes four days
– We can organise the course to fit your timetable
Give us a call on 071 6822354 to book your course.
Padi open water scuba R7200 and includes 4 ocean dives as well as gear hire and transport. (one on one) Please contact me for pricing if you have your own gear and would like to do the course as a couple or group
Contact Melt on 0716822354